an audio glutton

Welcome! This is my project to finally listen to all of the songs in my library and stop being a punk. Hopefully we can find some good, interesting music. Well, at least interesting music.

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Day 1: Death and Violence

Ugh. I have to be up for the beginnings of my Christmas rituals, starting with lunch. I get to see family, which is great. However, I also have to get up. In any case my insomnia led me through metal to Alarm Will Sound and sundry other places. My first offering is The Hard Way by Racebannon.

I'm not quite sure how this video fits in with any of it...moving on.

Eventually I stumbled into Alarm Will Sound, a chamber orchestra that, in this case, did an awesome cover of music by Aphex Twin. I'm a sucker for intricate instrumentals, and what else can I expect from Aphex Twin? Of particular interest to me is the song Avril 14th, which Kanye borrows from in his Blame Game. From there it was a short step over to The Dear Hunter and the Violent Femmes. The Violent Femmes are getting a solid "meh" from me right now, so allow me to leave you with a piece of The Dear Hunter:

  

Cheers, and Merry Christmas.

-Bodhisvaha

No comments:

Post a Comment