an audio glutton

Welcome! This is my project to finally listen to all of the songs in my library and stop being a punk. Hopefully we can find some good, interesting music. Well, at least interesting music.

Monday, December 26, 2011

Day 3: A Divine Comedy

I feel a little like Dante, wandering from the depths of the Inferno (Savage Garden), although the way up to my fair Beatrice, or in this case back to back albums of Sigur Ros. Sigur Ros is quite enjoyable as long as you're comfortable having no idea what the fuck they're singing about. After all, they enjoy just speaking complete gibberish. (No, seriously. Search for "Hopelandic.") I also happened upon Popol Vuh, a fine piece of 70's krautrock. It get's a tad ethereal after a bit. I can only do so many 10 minute songs, or 6 minute songs with a woman chanting one word in Italian incessantly. Then, out of nowhere, a gem popped up, tearing me away from my mindless time-wasting:




Video Killed the Radio Star! And not just the one Buggles beauty, but all of The Age of Plastic to boot. Its a shame I had neglected the Buggles so far. One other treat was this little Baroque Pop lovely, The Last Shadow Puppets and their song Calm Like You.



A little moody, and quite enjoyable.
Music left: 171.89gb

Cheers,
Bodhisvaha

No comments:

Post a Comment